Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Shoes.Saying and quotes

"I still have my feet on the ground, I just wear better shoes."
Oprah Winfrey

"Fashion Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly. "
Author Unknown

"I like a man who can be a real friend, has a good sense of humor, a good pair of shoes and a healthy gold card."
Victoria Adams

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."
Charles Barkley

"If there was a payment to the bank due, and we needed shoes, she'd get the shoes, and then deal with them guys at the bank. I don't mean she wouldn't pay the bank, but the children always came first."
Larry Bird

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares?... He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!"
Billy Connelly

"If I have any justification for having lived it's simply, I'm nothing but faults, failures and so on, but I have tried to make a good pair of shoes. There's some value in that."
Arthur Miller

"And whenever I'm in a situation where I'm wearing the same as 600 other people and doing the same thing as 600 other people, looking back, I always found ways to make myself different, whether it be having a red lining inside of my jacket, having red shoes, it hasn't changed."
Jeremy Irons

"I don't know who invented the high heel, but all men owe him a lot."
Marilyn Monroe

"Women's fashion is a subtle form of bondage. It's men's way of binding them. We put them in these tight, high-heeled shoes, we make them wear these tight clothes and we say they look sexy. But they're actually tied up."
David Duchovny

"I believe in keeping running simple and, in regard to shoes, that would mean no gimmicks, unnecessary cushioning, etc."
Bill Rodgers

"I met in the street a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, his cloak was out at the elbows, the water passed through his shoes, - and the stars through his soul.'
Victor Hugo

"Art is like baby shoes. When you coat them with gold, they can no longer be worn."
John Updike

"Standing in someone else's shoes for a second, it suddenly dawns on you."
Mel Gibson

"Oh yes, after the war, and we were all starving - we had no proper food or anything - no proper shoes."
Ninette de Valois

"The one thing you have to do if you write a book is put yourself in someone else's shoes. The reader's shoes. You've got to entertain them."
Mark Haddon

"I'm very superstitious... I never shout at magpies, walk under ladders or put my shoes on the table."
Fatboy Slim

"
Some men's memory is like a box where a man should mingle his jewels with his old shoes."
George Savile

"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"
George Gobel

"We will welcome them with bullets and shoes."
Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf

"Americans love our shoes and us Brits love that we can always pick up a bargain when in the US."
Lisa Snowdon

"Shoes are the first adult machines we are given to master."
Nicholson Baker

"I asked a man in prison once how he happened to be there and he said he had stolen a pair of shoes. I told him if he had stolen a railroad he would be a United States Senator."
Mary H. Jones

"You know, it's about getting out there and having a good time. Not about worrying - all these young books for women are like I'm 29 with a closet full of Prada shoes and I can't get a date. Come on."
Aisha Tyler

"My shoes are special shoes for discerning feet."
Manolo Blahnik

"I think I have something tonight that's not quite correct for evening wear. Blue suede shoes."
Elvis Presley

"I don't like getting patted down and taking off my shoes at the airport."
Rebecca Miller

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner."
Thomas Carlyle

"Creativity often consists of merely turning up what is already there. Did you know that right and left shoes were thought up only a little more than a century ago?"
Bernice Fitz-Gibbon

"Let your dreams outgrow the shoes of your expectations."
Ryunosuke Satoro

"Our income are like our shoes; if too small, they gall and pinch us; but if too large, they cause us to stumble and trip."
Charles Caleb Colton

"I actually did use to sell shoes."
Alex Winter

"I had these shoes made and 2 to 3 inch lifts inside and the heel was another 2 and half inches. I walked around that way, wherever I could without falling over."
Bobby Darin

"I had the blues because I had no shoes until upon the street, I met a man who had no feet."
Denis Waitley

"Age shouldn't affect you. It's just like the size of your shoes - they don't determine how you live your life! You're either marvellous or you're boring, regardless of your age."
Steven Morrissey

"People can be slave-ships in shoes."
Zora Neale Hurston

"High heels were invented by a woman who had been kissed on the forehead." Christopher Morley

"I've got my fishing rod, compass, bum bag and walking shoes - the lot. How geeky is that?"
Hannah Sandling

"Whenever I do your show, sometimes I get a little check in the mail and then I take that check and buy a new pair of shoes, and then I wear those shoes the next time I do your show."
Amy Sedaris

"The Bollywood distribution system is so corrupt that they have trouble making money off movies. So they sell shoes that an actress stepped in. If they turned up the amps some, maybe they could sell the actresses."
Bruce Sterling

"We are already expected to be the goodie two shoes. I went through that during my junior high schools where I wasn't allowed to watch television. I wasn't allowed to listen to the radio."
Nick Cannon

"It's easy to be a movie star. The shoes are already there. They just put you in the shoes."
Jason Patric


"I feel very blessed to have two wonderful, healthy children who keep me completely grounded, sane and throw up on my shoes just before I go to an awards show just so I know to keep it real."
Reese Witherspoon

"Any girl that's got a $500,000 table and $5 shoes, I'm in love with."
James Brolin

"Between saying and doing, many a pair of shoes is worn out."
Iris Murdoch

"My wardrobe consists of antique clothes, many of my designs, plus shoes and shirts from Brooks Brothers and Paul Stuart."
Calvin Klein

"One of the pleasures of being an actor is quite simply taking a walk in someone else's shoes. And when I look at the roles I've played, I'm kind of amazed at all the wonderful adventures I've had and the different things I've learned."
Willem Dafoe

"Yet if a woman never lets herself go, how will she ever know how far she might have got? If she never takes off her high-heeled shoes, how will she ever know how far she could walk or how fast she could run?"
Germaine Greer

"I buy women shoes and they use them to walk away from me."
Mickey Rooney

"Practical prayer is harder on the soles of your shoes than on the knees of your trousers."
Austin O'Malley

"You want to fall in love with a shoe, go ahead. A shoe can't love you back, but, on the other hand, a shoe can't hurt you too deeply either. And there are so many nice-looking shoes."
Allan Sherman

"Funny that a pair of really nice shoes make us feel good in our heads - at the extreme opposite end of our bodies. "
Levende Waters

"That's like asking a cobbler if he's made too many pairs of shoes."
Harvey Keitel

"I get to the theatre in plenty of time; I prepare my shoes in advance; I eat and drink the right things at the right time. The rest you have to leave to luck!"
Deborah Bull

"How strange, when your father's wearing women's clothes and platform shoes, that a pair of loafers looks incredible."
Moon Unit Zappa

"Old friends are best. King James used to call for his old shoes; they were easiest for his feet."
John Selden

"We do not need to be shoemakers to know if our shoes fit, and just as little have we any need to be professionals to acquire knowledge of matters of universal interest."
Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

"I usually wear jeans, a T-shirt, and tennis shoes.... no make up though."
Ana Sofia Henao

"The stoical scheme of supplying our wants by lopping off our desires, is like cutting off our feet when we want shoes."
Jonathan Swift

"I've always looked at shoes as being immensely beautiful things."
Graham Coxon

"Always wear expensive shoes. People notice."
Brian Koslow

"Oh yes, I love to do shoes. I'm not a fetishist but I love to do shoes."
Karl Lagerfeld

"When you meet a stranger, look at his shoes. Keep your money in your shoes."
Michael Stipe

"In the early years, I found a voice that was my voice and also partly my father's voice. But isn't that what you always do? Why do kids at 5 years old go into the closet and put their daddy's shoes on? Hey, my kids do it."
Bruce Springsteen

"Shopping tip: You can get shoes for 85 cents at the bowling alley."
Author Unknown

"I've got big shoes to fill. This is my chance to do something. I have to seize the moment."
Andrew Jackson

"I shall begin my march for Camp tomorrow morning. It was not in my power to move until I could procure shoes for the troops almost barefoot."
Anthony Wayne

"Don't speak ill of your predecessors or successors. You didn't walk in their shoes."
Donald Rumsfeld

"I thought I would dress in baggy pants, big shoes, a cane and a derby hat. everything a contradiction: the pants baggy, the coat tight, the hat small and the shoes large."
Charlie Chaplin

"I much prefer being a man. Women have to spend so much time pulling themselves together, and their shoes kill your feet."
Lynne Carter

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty."
Imelda Marcos

"When people wear shoes that don't fit them, it says something about their soul. Generally, I think it means they are good people."
Billy Bob Thornton

"Women have this obsession with shoes."
Alexandra Paul

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."
Charles Barkley

"At one point, I had 14 pairs of golf shoes."
Tea Leoni

"A man hasn't got a corner on virtue just because his shoes are shined. "
Anne Petry

"Americans are crazy. They have this fascination with throwing their shoes on stage. I've been to a lot of shows in me life, some good and some bad. But I was never moved to take off me shoes and throw it at the lead singer."
Noel Gallagher

"It is hard to play Blue Suede Shoes. I know everyone has heard it 10 million times, and that makes it even harder to play it, but there's a very laid back tempo on that. I was surprised at how slow it really was."
Brian Setzer

"I love clothes. I can't control myself. I have a huge fetish for shoes and clothes and make-up. I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to wear things over and over again."
Hilary Duff

"My address is like my shoes. It travels with me."
Mary H. Jones

"If you're an addict, it controls your life and your life becomes uncontrollable. It's boring and painful, filling your system with something that makes you stare at your shoes for six hours."
James Taylor

"I have 137 pairs of shoes and 200 pairs of jeans."
Frances Bean Cobain

"I used to travel in tennis shoes; I am just not allowed to anymore. I'm an old hippie from San Francisco."
Amy Irving

"Who the hell wants fourteen pairs of shoes when they go on holiday? I haven't had fourteen pairs in my life."
Brian Clough

"I think people are going to like my new shoes. I like them. I had a lot of success with the one last year, but this year's shoe is going to be a little different, but at the same time it's going to be a little spin-off on last year's shoe."
Vince Carter

"I asked my mother could I have an instrument. She said, 'Well if you go out and save your money.' So I went and got - I made me a shine box. I went out and started shining shoes, and I'd bring whatever I made."
Ornette Coleman

"We ought not to treat living creatures like shoes or household belongings, which when worn with use we throw away."
Plutarch

"Sometimes I don't even pull my shoes off for six weeks at a time, except, you know, just to take a shower. I just take breaks between 24 hours a day, just a break now and then, it don't take me long to rest; maybe 20 to30 minutes sometime, or maybe an hour."
Howard Finster

"I never put on a pair of shoes until I've worn them at least five years."
Samuel Goldwyn

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And you are the one who'll decide where you'll go.
Oh the places you'll go."
Dr Seuss

"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
Mark Twain

"I hate the French because they are all slaves and wear wooden shoes."
Oliver Goldsmith

"The time has come,' the walrus said, 'to talk of many things: of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings."
Lewis Carroll

"Because its hard to realize now that that was the end of the great depression, you know. All of a sudden all of this is in front of me and I'm solvent, you know. I'm making some money and I know where my next meal is coming from, and I have a new pair of shoes and that's it."
Robert McCloskey

No comments:

Post a Comment