Thursday, April 2, 2009

Love and lying | lies.Sayings and quotes

"Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance."
Oscar Wilde

“When my love swears that she is made of truth, I do believe her, though know she lies”
William Shakespeare

“I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies.”
Pietro Aretino

"In human relationships, kindness and lies are worth a thousand truths."
Graham Greene

"Betrayal can only happen if you love. "
John Le Carre

"I have always loved truth so passionately that I have often resorted to lying as a way of introducing it into the minds which were ignorant of its charms."
Giacomo Casanova

“Sex is full of lies. The body tries to tell the truth. But, it's usually too battered with rules to be heard, and bound with pretenses so it can hardly move. We cripple ourselves with lies.”
Jim Morrison

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves. "
Jean Baptiste Poquelin Moliere

"I regard as a mortal sin not only the lying of the senses in matters of love, but also the illusion which the senses seek to create where love is only partial. I say, I believe, that one must love with all of one's being, or else live, come what may, a life of complete chastity."
George Sand

“A tiger can smile
A snake will say it loves you
Lies make us evil”
Chuck Palahniuk

"Only enemies speak the truth. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty."
Stephen King

"Never tell a loved one of an infidelity: you would be badly rewarded for your troubles. Although one dislikes being deceived, one likes even less to be undeceived. "
Ninon De Lenclos

“A Lovers a liar, to himself he lies. The truthful are loveless, like oysters their eyes”
Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

“The worst lies are the lies we tell ourselves. We live in denial of what we do, even what we think. We do this because we're afraid. We fear we will not find love, and when we find it we fear we'll lose it. We fear that if we do not have love we will be unhappy.”
Richard Bach

"By the time you swear you are his, shivering and sighing, And he vows his passion is infinite and undying- Lady, make a note of this: One of you is lying."
Dorothy Parker

"The one charm about marriage is that it makes a life of deception absolutely necessary for both parties. "
Oscar Wilde

"People say they love truth, but in reality they want to believe that which they love is true."
Robert J. Ringer

“I had to lie so much about sex, first when I was 15, because I wasn't supposed to be having it. And then when I got older, I lied to everybody I was having sex with, so I could have sex with other people.”
Cybill Sheperd

"A man who will not lie to a woman has very little consideration for her"
Olin Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment