Saturday, January 19, 2013

Lovers kiss - Saying and quotes

"Ancient lovers believed a kiss would literally unite their souls, because the spirit was said to be carried in one's breath. "
Eve Glicksman

"A man had given all other bliss,
And all his worldly worth for this,
To waste his whole heart in one kiss
Upon her perfect lips."
Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"They say there's microbes in a kiss, This rumor is most rife, Come, lady dear, and make of me - An invalid for life'
Author Unknown

"I married the first man I ever kissed. When I tell this to my children they just about throw up. "
Barbara Bush

"There is the kiss of welcome and of parting, the long, lingering, loving, present one; the stolen, or the mutual one; the kiss of love, of joy, and of sorrow; the seal of promise and receipt of fulfillment."
Thomas C. Haliburton

"I wasn't kissing her, I was whispering in her mouth. "
Chico Marx

" Always remember this: 'A kiss will never miss, and after many kisses a miss becomes a misses'."
John Lennon

"When I kiss you, I can taste your soul. "
Carrie Latet

"Kiss and make up -but too much makeup has ruined many a kiss. "
Mae West

"Jenny kissed me when we met,
Jumping from the chair she sat in;
Time, you thief, who love to get
Sweets into your list, put that in.
Say I'm weary, say I'm sad,
Say that health and wealth have missed me;
Say I'm growing old, but add Jenny kissed me."
Leigh Hunt

"A legal kiss is never as good as a stolen one."
Guy de Maupassant

"Her lips on his could tell him better than all her stumbling words. "
Margaret Mitchell

"It takes a lot of experience for a girl to kiss like a beginner. "
Ladies Home Journal, 1948

"Kiss me and you will see how important I am. "
Sylvia Plath

"Leave a kiss but in the cup,
And I'll not look for wine."
Ben Jonson

"You may conquer with the sword,
but you are conquered by a kiss."
Daniel Heinsius

"Each kiss a heart-quake..."
Lord Byron

"Lips that taste of tears, they say,
Are the best for kissing."
Dorothy Parker

"I loved you in the morning, our kisses deep and warm,
Your hair upon the pillow like a sleepy, golden storm,
Yes many loved before us, I know we are not new,
In city and in forest they smiled like me and you,
But now it's come to distances and both of us must try,
Your eyes are soft with sorrow,
Hey, that's no way to say goodbye."
Leonard Cohen

"It is the passion that is in a kiss that gives to it its sweetness; it is the affection in a kiss that sanctifies it."
Christian Nestell Bovee

"A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years. "
Rupert Brooke

"Kisses kept are wasted;
Love is to be tasted.
There are some you love, I know;
Be not loathe to tell them so.
Lips go dry and eyes grow wet
Waiting to be warmly met.
Keep them not in waiting yet;
Kisses kept are wasted."
Edmund Vance Cooke

"We turned on one another deep, drowned gazes, and exchanged a kiss that reduced my bones to rubber and my brain to gruel."
Peter De Vries

“I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it.”
City of Angels
Nicolas Cage

"Teach not thy lip such scorn, for it was made
For kissing, lady, not for such contempt."
William Shakespeare

"Kiss: love professed through lips. "
Scarlett Bene

“Though I know he loves me, tonight my heart is sad; his kiss was not so wonderful as all the dreams I had”
Sara Teasdale

"A man's kiss is his signature. "
Mae West

"It was brief, swift, and then it was done. It was a professional job. I needed to be kissed, and I was kissed."
Uma Thurman

"A kiss is the upper persuasion for a lower invasion. "
Author Unknown

"She kissed me, and my mouth wrote a poem of welcome to her lips. "
Ward Elliot Hour

“I don't need a man. But I'm happier with one. I like to have someone I can touch and squeeze and kiss. But I don't fold up and die if I don't have a man around.”
Cher

"Were kisses all the joys in bed,
One woman would another wed."
William Shakespeare

"A kiss is just a pleasant reminder that two heads are better than one. "
Author Unknown

"A kiss without a hug is like a flower without the fragrance. "
Proverb

"Twas not my lips you kissed
But my soul"
Judy Garland

“One regret dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough.”
Hafiz of Persia

"Love's first snow-drop, virgin kiss. "
Robert Burns

"The first time I kissed Brad [Pitt] my knees went weak - I literally lost my breath!"
Jennifer Aniston

"Her kisses left something to be desired... the rest of her. "
Author Unknown

"A kiss seals two souls for a moment in time. "
Levende Waters

"If you kiss on the first date and it's not right, then there will be no second date. Sometimes it's better to hold out and not kiss for a long time. I am a strong believer in kissing being very intimate, and the minute you kiss, the floodgates open for everything else."
Jennifer Lopez

"Then I did the simplest thing in the world. I leaned down... and kissed him. And the world cracked open. "
Agnes de Mille

“We are all mortal until the first kiss and the second glass of wine.”
Eduardo Galeano

"The worst thing a man can ever do is kiss me on the first date."
Halle Berry

"I was a Flower of the mountain yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes."
James Joyce

"My grandma has never been impressed with the TV show [Desperate Housewives]. She was so angry because I was on television kissing a boy naked; she's very traditional. She said: "If I ever see you kissing that boy again…"."
Eva Longoria

"Kissing is like drinking salted water. You drink, and your thirst increases." Chinese Proverb

"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."
Raymond Chandler

""May I print a kiss on your lips?" I said,
And she nodded her full permission:
So we went to press and I rather guess
We printed a full edition."
Joseph Lilientha

"What lies lurk in kisses. "
Heinrich Heine

"Women still remember the first kiss after men have forgotten the last."
Remy de Gourmont

"A man snatches the first kiss, pleads for the second, demands the third, takes the fourth, accepts the fifth - and endures all the rest. "
Helen Rowland

“The decision to kiss for the first time is the most crucial in any love story. It changes the relationship of two people much more strongly than even the final surrender; because this kiss already has within it that surrender.”
Emil Ludwig

"The first kiss is stolen by the man; the last is begged by the woman."
Henry Louis Mencken

"If you are ever in doubt as to whether to kiss a pretty girl, always give her the benefit of the doubt. "
Thomas Carlyle

"In trying to get our own way, we should remember that kisses are sweeter than whine. "
Author Unknown

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. "
Albert Einstein


"This girl said "Yes" when I wasn't ready. I kissed her lightly and got so dizzy I had to sit down."
Antonio Banderas

“Will you love me in December as you do in May,
Will you love me in the good old fashioned way?
When my hair has all turned gray,
Will you kiss me then and say,
That you love me in December as you do in May?”
James Walker

"Give me a kisse, and to that kisse a score;
Then to that twenty, adde a hundred more;
A thousand to that hundred; so kisse on,
To make that thousand up a million;
Treble that million, and when that is done,
Let's kisse afresh, as when we first begun."
Robert Herrick

“It's all right for a perfect stranger to kiss your hand as long as he's perfect.”
Mae West

"I kissed my first girl and smoked my first cigarette on the same day. I haven't had time for tobacco since. "
Arturo Toscanini

"I am in favor of preserving the French habit of kissing ladies' hands - after all, one must start somewhere. "
Sacha Guitry

"Soul meets soul on lovers' lips. "
Percy Bysshe Shelley

"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. "
Ingrid Bergman

"How did it happen that their lips came together? How does it happen that birds sing, that snow melts, that the rose unfolds, that the dawn whitens behind the stark shapes of trees on the quivering summit of the hill? A kiss, and all was said. " Victor Hugo

"Kissing is a means of getting two people so close together that they can't see anything wrong with each other. "
Rene Yasenek

"Is not a kiss the very autograph of love? "
Henry Finck

“A kiss that is never tasted, is forever and ever wasted.”
Billie Holiday

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein


A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. ~Ingrid Bergman


A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point. That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know. ~Mistinguett (Jeanne Bourgeois), Theatre Arts, December 1955


Is not a kiss the very autograph of love? ~Henry Finck


A kiss, when all is said, what is it?
A rosy dot placed on the "I" in loving;
'Tis a secret told to the mouth instead of to the ear."
Edmond Rostand

"

No comments:

Post a Comment